Monday, September 1, 2014

Welcome welcome welcome!

Hi everyone!  Welcome to my blog! My name is Carissa Nguyen I am new to the world of online posting so please bare with me as I work my way around the logistics!  Here is a picture of me!


That is me sitting at my kitchen table writing this blog.  I am wearing my glasses so that means scholarly things are about to happen....
Let's start with some information...
My current internship is actually with Catholic!  I am working with NCSSS introducing their new online learning programs.  It is exciting to work in such a burgeoning field!  Online teaching systems are a great step towards making higher education available to all!  Social workers are also great to work with and the environment is warm and very team oriented.  Last Monday we did our first official roll out (3 classes).  By the end of this year we will hopefully have more than 20 cohorts in session!  The internet has opened up an entire world of possibilities when it comes to education!  Location is now no longer a factor!

I don't want to bore you too much about my internship in this first blog post so more to come later...   I will also include pictures!

(Extra!!! Here is a great article about online learning from the Huffington Post...  I know I know, more reading but it is really a fast read!)

Thanks for visiting everyone!  Will blog again soon!

C




2 comments:

  1. Very interesting work Carissa and you are right this is a growing industry. You've had a number of interesting jobs here at Catholic. I look forward to more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your passion for making higher education available to all Carissa. Indeed, location should never be a factor. I hope the foundation grows and more students enroll. And love the glasses :)

    ReplyDelete